The terracotta grape
“The surface of any fluid at rest is the surface of a sphere whose centre is the same as that of the earth, what we contemplate is the explanation also of the spherical shape of the surface of the seas.”
Today, terracotta vessels for wine assume a shape closer to that of a grape, to the movement of an antique game and to the universe itself. Each Pallò is accompanied by the innovative support that allows ease of rotation and high performance in the various phases of life of the wine, excluding the need to unite the terracotta to steel for the total discharge, the wine tap and the lid.
Balance And Movement
Pallò, suspended from the ground at an accessible height, distinguishes itself for the thickness of the terracotta that is uniform throughout its surface, without embellishments of edges or designs that vary the ratio of the wine with the outside. Clean, essential and professional, it acquires virtue, competence and uniqueness thanks to its precise, logical and regular base that allows one to rotate it for 360°, optimising the racking, cleaning and practices of ageing, in addition to excluding the presence of steel for total discharge, the wine tap and the lid. Moreover, the double lid in terracotta with the air chamber and without boiler creates an optimal vacuum with parameters of ageing more realistic than other experiences.
The name of Pallò arises from a word in dialect that refers to a flat place used for the game of bocce: the pallaio. Pallò is also the name of one of the four Neighbourhoods that, every year, during the Grape Festival that takes place on the last weekend of September, parade through the streets of the town, presenting their allegorical floats.
Designed as a meeting point between the biodynamic culture and enology, Pallò possesses an aesthetic presence of strong impact in the creation of wines that are children rooted in the territory.
- The spherical shape favours the convective movements of the wine.
- Uniform thickness,Pallò is distinguished by the uniform thickness of terracotta throughout its surface, without embellishment of edges or designs that vary the relationship of the wine with the outside.
- The double inner layer of terracotta ensures a perfect internal smoothing that closes the natural pores of the clay, thereby facilitating cleaning in the cellar and perfecting the oxygenation of the wine, excluding oxidation phenomena and contamination.
- Self-clamping hidden lid made entirely in terracotta, There is a total absence of steel and resins in contact with the wine. The new lid creates an optimal vacuum with parameters of ageing that are more realistic than other experiences.
- The rotating support in stainless steel ensures greater hygiene and facilitates all the operations in the cellar. it is also ideal for maintaining uniform the micro-oxygenation ratio of the wine.
- The Terracotta of Impruneta is insulating and therefore protects the wine from dangerous temperature fluctuations.
- Terracotta does not transmit any type of flavour to the wine.
- 400 litres H 100 cm approx., max diameter 100 cm approx., weight 180 Kg approx.
- 600 litres H 120 cm approx., max diameter 120 cm approx., weight 260 Kg approx.
- 800 litres H 125 cm approx., max diameter 125 cm approx., weight 350 Kg approx.
- 1000 litres H 135 cm approx., max diameter 135 cm approx., weight 440 Kg approx.
- On request, drain hole with Plug in silicone.
- Each lid is provided with an air chamber, pump and pressure gauge for pressure control.
- Cask funnel or Plug for ageing.
The rotating support in stainless steel ensures greater hygiene and facilitates all the operations in the cellar. Thanks to the four wheels positioned on a steel structure and to its original shape, Pallò can in fact rotate 180°, optimising the racking, cleaning and practices of ageing. Pallò, joined to its support, is designed to remain suspended from the ground and together with the thickness of the terracotta that is uniform throughout its surface, ensures a uniform ratio of the wine with the outside. Finally, Pallò, thanks to its support, remains at an accessible height and is designed to be moved with ease using pallet trucks or fork-lifts and is designed to contain a 50-litre collection tank at the base.
LID IN TERRACOTTA
Fornace Carbone proposes a lid fully realised in terracotta, the first product of its kind that is totally free of resins. A hidden plug with a unique design, studied up to the smallest detail, Massimo Carbone pushes his capacities to the limit, designing and creating a lid with millimetric precision, with a double lid in terracotta having an air chamber with boiler or plug for ageing to create an optimal vacuum with parameters of ageing more realistic than other experiences. This lid GUARANTEES A PERFECT INSULATION OF THE WINE FROM OXYGEN.
Self-clamping hidden lid made entirely in terracotta with gasket and air chamber. Built with a false bottom to support of the rubber gasket which, together with the air chamber and the hole for the silicone plug, ensures the formation of the “headspace” indispensable to the proper ageing of wine. OUR LIDS DO NOT INVOLVE THE USE OF ANY RESINS. There is total absence of steel and resins in contact with the wine. Moreover, the double lid in terracotta with an air chamber and without a boiler innovates the sector of closed systems applied to all the processing instruments used for agricultural products, even those other than wine. The new lid creates an optimal vacuum with parameters of ageing that are more realistic than other experiences.
Ø 38 – 40 cm (approx.)
Each lid is comprised of a plug in terracotta, gasket, air chamber, cask funnel or plug for ageing, and pump with pressure gauge for pressure control.