The Jar by Massimo Carbone respects the most ancient canons of the traditions of Impruneta and presents itself in its imposing, monumental form. In antique times, the jars were used as containers for oil, wine, wheat and cereals, then over time, with the advent of new materials, their use was confined to being exclusively furnishing objects. Today we are rediscovering the traditional jar as the ideal container for the storage of wine. Massimo Carbone creates a jar which reflects the traditional designs, where every decorative element has its own raison d’être. The low edge traditionally served as a sort of grip or “handle” to move and lift the jar, while the bands located halfway on the belly were used for rolling the jars easily, without risking breakage. Ancient jars have bands that are always very worn.
- The terracotta of Impruneta is insulating and therefore preserves the wine from dangerous temperature fluctuations.
- Terracotta does not transmit any type of flavour to the wine, setting it apart from wood.
- 400 litres H 120 cm approx., max diameter 100 cm approx., weight 180 Kg approx.
- 600 litres H 130 cm approx., max diameter 110 cm approx., weight 240 Kg approx.
- 800 litres H 135 cm approx., max diameter 130 cm approx., weight 300 Kg approx.
- 1000 litres
Lid in terracotta
Lid in wood
Lid in stainless steel
All the amphorae can be customised according to the needs of the customers and decorated with coats of arms, logos, dates or script, to completely satisfy the taste and dreams of our customers.